Ever go to make cookies just to realize that you’re all out of flour? Well that happened to me the other day and that is where these cookies came from. Substitution after substitution, I ended up with a whole new cookie!
- 1/2 cup butternut squash, cooked and pureed
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP ground flax + 3 TBSP warm water)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup nut and/or seed butter (use whatever you have; mine was a mix of cashews, almonds, chia seeds, brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and hazelnuts)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup oat flour (I just grind my oats in a coffee grinder)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 TBSP psyllium husk powder
- 3 TBSP coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp each of baking soda, salt, cinnamon & allspice
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together separately, then add dry ingredients to wet mixture and blend.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet and flatten with a fork, dipping the fork into water between cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes.
- Transfer cookies on parchment paper to wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy them warm or refrigerated. 🙂